How Technology Can Enhance Your Relaxation and Fun in the Garden
If you love your garden, the lighter nights and brighter days will surely be making you think about a return to the great outdoors. We can now think about our gardens as an extension to our homes. We live in a beautiful part of the country and love our garden time but we need to give consideration to the ever-changing weather – summer houses, covered terraces, patios and balconies have become a strong feature of homes. However, we are missing a trick by just thinking that it’s only the view that’s enjoyable.
We can now look for the same creature comforts in our outdoor retreats as we do in our homes, ie: music, warmth, mood lighting and the ability to access everything through wi-fi!
Consider the following tips on how technology compliments an outdoor space:
- You can’t beat an afternoon in the sun with your favourite music. By adding external speakers you can access your favourite music from any music sources, NuVo wireless, smart phone or tablet. Whether it’s listening quietly alone whist soaking up the sun or enjoying an afternoon with friends, it can really add an extra dimension to the great outdoors. Well-designed and installed, it will bring you pleasure during these warmer months.
- Summer houses – a great way to enjoy your garden and avoid those unexpected showers. Have your summer house or conservatory equipped with wi-fi so you can use your smart phone or tablet to control what’s happening in your home, listen to your favourite music or adjust the lighting and blinds to suit your needs.
- Well-designed lighting, combined with lighting control, can allow you to manage the changing natural light to give you the perfect light balance for any activity, making outdoor spaces cosy and inviting.
- You can have even have scene setting in the garden – at the touch of a button. So, as the light disappears, you can highlight features, trees and plants, to give you a well-designed feeling of space and warmth.
- The trickle of water is so relaxing; integrate your water feature with your lighting so, as dusk approaches, the lighting gradually increases.
This blog was provided by Intelligent Abodes